Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mets Fans Should Root For Yankees In World Series

I was checking out Danabrand.com, a NY Mets Fan's Blog, and he insists that Mets Fans should root against the Yankees no matter what. Even at the expense of rooting for our arch rival Phillies. He says that the NY Mets are like the Rodney Dangerfields of New York Sports; they get no respect. And I admit he does have a point. Growing up a Mets and Jets fan in New York there always was alot of rivalry and animosity between us and our counterpart Yankees and Giants fans. But I always felt that it was good sportsmanship to root for the other home town teams in New York as long as they weren't playing one of my teams. The NY Yankees are a great organization with great history, players, fans, and management. And after all, both my parents are from the Bronx and grew up rooting for the Yankees and didn't become Mets fans until they moved to Long Island and the Mets were more of a local team playing in Queens.


2009 World Series Tickets



(AP Photo/Julie Jacobson)

Well anyway I have to disagree with Dana Brand and I have to root for the Yankees. I just can't bring myself to root for the Phillies anyway. How can a Mets fan do that? It's like sleeping with the enemy. It would make me feel dirty. So lets go New York Yankees. Hope it goes seven and they wrap it up at home in the city that never sleeps. It's up to you New York, New York.

3 comments:

JP said...

Hey Dave, couldn't agree more. There's no way a New York fan can support the Phillies. I mean, the Phanatic alone is enough to give you the creeps. What is that thing?

dave@davesjoint said...

Thanks for the Comment JP! I know. The Phanatic looks like some kind of mutant ant eater or something. I hope the Jankees wrap it up tonight. See ya again soon JP.

PeterP said...

NY needed the yankees this year, broke the bad sports karma since 9-11.