Thursday, August 28, 2008

Long Island Ducks Good Family Fun

I went to City Bank Park in Central Islip to see the Long Island Ducks play the Southern Maryland Blue Crabs and I was pleasantly surprised by competitive Baseball played in a beautiful intimate ballpark. It helped that I was in a private skybox, compliments of my brother-in-law, right behind home plate, but even if not it would have been fine. It's a very enjoyable atmosphere that's clean, friendly, and reasonably priced (food,souvenirs,tickets). Nice to see some familiar faces in Coach First Base Coach and part Owner Bud Harrelson, previously Manager of the Mets. As well as Pete Rose's son P..J Rose in the infield. All in all a nice place to see a Baseball game. I'd definitely go again. The Ducks won the game 4 to 1 also. Hey, it beats watching the Mets try to lose a 6 or 7 point lead in the closing innings from the side of my couch at home. There's grass on the infield, Play Ball!

1 comment:

cosmar said...

www.laughable-sport.com is you laugh with tears